The music album that changed my life


Photo by Flávio Ruivo



How I turned to minimal techno


Somewhere between 2004 and 2005, I was working at my fashion shop and small model agency and spent my days dealing with knitting needles, customizing clothes and making arrangements with young fashion designers. Music was always there, creating ambience and being my lifetime friend. At that time I was listening to alternative music with some electronic touches, mainly. One day a friend offered me a cd and I couldn't even imagine what it would make to my life. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating, it didn't really changed my life, but it surely made me turn more and more to electronic and mainly minimal techno music.

I've spent hours and hours listening to that album and enjoying the also minimal lyrics and trying to figure out their meanings. It really caught my mind and occupied my thoughts and today, once and a while, I still remember parts of the lyrics and apply them to some of my life's situations.

It was the powerful “Closer” album of the canadian Richie Hawtin, using the artist name – Plastikman.
It is mainly a mental album and it feels like you enter your own mind and navigate inside of it, trying to figure out how it works and what it represents in our life.
I've listened to it a lot lot lot, and sometimes I still listen to it. In my opinion, this is one of the best minimal techno albums ever and will stay in music History forever, as well as “Sheet One”.

After that special music album, my thirst for minimal techno sounds didn't stop and still goes on. I think minimal makes us enjoy music in its major simplicity and navigate through each single sound while our mind travels endlessly, maybe turning into some kind of transe.
Not everybody enjoys that kind of music and I was criticized by playing some tracks as a dj, but it will never stop me from sharing what I like to the people who like it as well. 😜

So, my advice is for you to listen to it and give your opinion on that in the comments below. You know I like talking about music, so don't feel shy and tell me what you think.
By the way, what was the album or song that changed your life? 💬








Como comecei a ouvir techno minimal



Algures entre 2004 e 2005, trabalhava na minha loja de moda e pequena agência de modelos, e passava os meus dias entre agulhas de tricotar, personalização de roupas e contactos com jovens criadores. A música esteve sempre presente, criando ambiente e sendo a minha amiga de toda a vida. À data, eu ouvia, principalmente, música alternativa com alguns toques de eletrónica. Um dia um amigo ofereceu-me um cd e eu nem imaginava o que aquele álbum iria fazer à minha vida. Bem, talvez esteja a exagerar, não mudou a minha vida, mas fez-me ouvir cada vez mais música eletrónica e principalmente techno minimal.

Passei horas e horas a ouvir este álbum e as suas letras também minimais, tentando entender os seus signifcados. A minha mente ficou, de alguma forma, agarrada a este álbum e ainda hoje, por vezes, lembro-me das letras e aplico-as a algumas situações da minha vida.

Estou a falar do poderoso álbum “Closer”, do canadiano Richie Hawtin, que usava o nome artístico “Plastikman”.
Trata-se de um álbum essencialmente mental e a sensação que nos dá é a de estarmos a navegar dentro da nossa mente, tentando perceber como funciona e o que representa na nossa vida.
Ouvi-o muitas muitas vezes e ainda o revisito de vez em quando. Na minha opinião é um dos melhores álbuns de techno minimal e vai ficar na história da música para sempre, tal como “Sheet One”, também de Plastikman.

Após este álbum especial, a minha sede por música minimal nunca mais parou. Não sei se algum dia irá parar. Penso que o minimal faz-nos apreciar a música na sua extrema simplicidade, fazendo-nos navegar por cada um dos pequenos sons, enquanto a nossa mente viaja sem parar, talvez entrando numa espécie de transe.
Nem toda a gente gosta deste tipo de música e lembro-me que fui criticada algumas vezes por passá-la em alguns sets em bares, mas isso nunca me impede de partilhar a música que gosto com as pessoas que também gostam. 😜

O meu conselho é que ouçam este álbum e expressem a vossa opinião nos comentários em baixo. Já sabem que gosto de falar sobre música, por isso não tenham vergonha de dizerem o que pensam.
A propósito, qual foi o álbum ou música que mudou a vossa vida? 💬







1 comentário:

  1. Adoro música também
    Todos nós deveríamos de viver junto com a nossa própria música, aquela que nos guia.
    Adorei a tua história ��❤️

    ResponderEliminar

I am curious about your opinion!
Thank you! :)